First, you have until Friday to enter my GU and Road ID giveaway - see here! We are OVER $1800 in donations for Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation.. THANK YOU!
2. I took an unplanned rest day yesterday to do some shopping and dinner with Snork last night. Despite the rest day, I still woke up today feeling like I'm getting #1's funk. Bleh.
3. I've concluded that I'm a wuss. Everyone who ran the LA Marathon said it was the best experience, despite the rain and wind and cold and hypothermia.
4. I'm freaking out a little bit (just a little) about emergency preparedness. I live in earthquake country, and realized last week that... I'm not prepared. And I started thinking, with VERY LARGE PLANS - as in, thinking about stockpiling 3 years of supplies for when I have to shelter in place. In my apartment. In Irvine. Then I realized that probably wasn't the best idea, and adjusted that to HIDING a cache of supplies somewhere within walking distance. THEN, I realized, I live in Orange County, which is not exactly rural countryside. Where would I hide stuff? I finally settled for a couple gallons of water under my sink (done) and a storage box of non-perishables (still to do).
5. I went (maybe) a little overboard with the disaster planning, and (might have) registered for some CRAZY survivalist websites. I should not do these things, they feed the paranoid crazy person in me.
6. I've become addicted to Groupon. I don't really buy things (I did buy 3 for 1 RedBox rentals, and a $30 massage, but so far that's it), but I can't stop looking. My morning routine is something like, check texts, check FB, check Twitter, check Groupon, brush my hair. But today, $10 for unlimited rides at Santa Monica Pier?! Hello!! But then I realize I don't even *like* the rides at Santa Monica Pier (there may have been a meltdown on the ferris wheel, and not by my kids).
7. I totally buy those Groupon's through SwagBucks. Which I stalk and collect like mad, and have never redeemed. Seriously, I use their tool bar to search Google, to go to google and search for things. But I collect 75-ish points a day by doing that. Points that, again, I don't even use. Madness.
8. The H has succumbed to the pressure and wants to register for a half. We're eyeing the Long Beach Half in October... His goal? 1:55. Punk.
9. Holy crap, William Shatner is EIGHTY?!
10. Run Disney has a big, super secret announcement to make, and I'm waiting (im)patiently!!! HURRY UP!