Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekly recap

Last week? Was apparently the week of sucking more. (TWSS)

I did hit all of my miles. After consistently running 11:30-12 min miles for months, my two 5-milers were well under 11. My long run... well.

The first half was perfect. I was comfortably running the pace I'd like to keep for the PCRF half. Then we turned around, and were running into the sun, and I fell apart.

It was a million degrees, no shade, and the sun was relentless. And my pace dropped from 11-min miles to 12-12:30.

It. was. so. hot. and. miserable.

I test-ran my outfit for race day, and it worked, so there's that?

Then yesterday, threw in another 1.15 miles to hit my highest mileage week ever.

I did ZERO cross training. No Suck Less Program. No yoga. Nothing. I was exhausted all week, and just couldn't get it together.

Oh well. Moving on...
Monday: Suck Less Program
Tuesday: 4 mile tempo
Wednesday: Yoga, Suck Less Program
Thursday: 4 miles speed work
Friday: Suck Less Program
Saturday: 6 miles (Hellooooo, taper!)
Sunday: rest

*****************

Anyway, like all of you, I'm watching the Boston Marathon today... This Desiree chick is killing it.

3 comments:

  1. just realized desi is from michigan! super cool! bummed that she just barely missed first, but she's still awesome awesome awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally stalked Boston on the internet today. It was awesome! those elite runners are beyond amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get your run in anyway!! When I go back to NE for the summer, I have to adjust to the humidity and heat--makes us tougher right?! And dehydrated!

    SUCK LESS program--can I join after my mary?!! I freaking love this title!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails