Friday, January 13, 2012

Team Gab Virtual Race!!

It's a new year, everyone is training for something, right?

Put those miles to good use!
null

If you're new around here, Gabby, that kid ^^, is my 5 year old daughter. She was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in January, 2011. I am fundraising for the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, and will be running the PCRF Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon in May with Team Gab.

Photobucket

If you're in SoCal, you can join me, Skinny Runner, Once Upon A (L)ime, Caro from Canadian Runner in Exile, and my friend Leigh on May 6th in Irvine - there is a 5K, 10K, a half marathon, and a Bike Tour.

What's that? You don't have the incredible luck of living here?
null

1. I'm sorry.
2. Run with us anyway!

When: Starts Monday, 1/16/12, through Friday, 2/17/12 - that's a full month to fit in your race!
Where: Wherever you feel like racing
Who: Everyone is invited to the party - I am a friendly type.

Here's where the fundraising comes in.

$5 donation = 5K = 1 entry
$10 donation = 10K = 2 entries
$25 donation = half marathon (13.1 miles, yo) = 5 entries
$40 donation = FULL marathon (26.2) = 10 entries


HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK (hopefully):
1. Choose your distance - obviously you can donate the amount you are comfortable with, and extra donations are happily accepted. (Additional entries 1 = $5 donated beyond the amount noted above. Ex: Run a 5K and donate $15, receive 1 entry ($5 for the 5K) + 2 entries (for the additional $10) = 3 total)
2. Click HERE to donate to PCRF and Team Gab.
3. Leave a comment or email me (GoTeamGab@gmail.com) with your race distance and donation amount (I will calculate your number of entries, but fair warning, I took college algebra three times - so you could include the number of entries based on your donation amount, and I wouldn't hate it). Maybe I'll send you a bib. Maybe not, I'm pretty not good with creating things, but it could happen!
4. Snag that snazzy picture up there, and link back to this post if you're so inclined (but I'd really like it).
5. Share the race on FB, Twitter, whatever floats your boat (again not mandatory, but it'd be swell).
6. Run your race (or bike, or hike, or swim - I don't care, just move yourself!) take some pictures, write a race report, and email it, send me the link, or comment.

I'll post a link to all of the race reports once compiled.

Now, the million dollar question....

WHAT do you get out of this?

You can sleep peacefully knowing you've done your part to help fund pediatric cancer research.

Oh. You also will get entered to win some of these cool prizes...


1. Photobucket <------- GONE!, by Skinny Runner
A Tough Chik cotton tee of your choice. You may have noticed my cool new banner over there ->
Tough Chik is performance and casual apparel for active women. I love their philosophy, and I'm excited to be a part of Team Tough Chik... but more excited to share the Tough Chik love.

2. Photobucket
Tommie Copper sleeves and hat! Winner can select from knee, elbow, ankle, calf sleeves.

3. Photobucket <----- TAKEN, by Bobbi!
Team Sparkle skirt and Race Legs!! It is no secret how much I LOVE Team Sparkle. Their skirts are made to be worn over your favorite shorts/tights, and are seriously THE cutest.

4. Photobucket
VII A.D. angel pendant. VII A.D. believes there are those who wear art and have the right to wear the finest quality of unique, designer art pieces. Sevan, the founder of VII A.D., also happens to be married to a lovely friend of mine. He creates each piece individually! Edit: Sevan is awesome, and actually is upping his donation to this more expensive piece. Because they're awesome.

5. Photobucket
iFitness belts! Two belts to giveaway...

Photobucket
Double Pouch Belt
Photobucket
Single Pouch belt

6. Photobucket <------ Taken by Karen, week 3!!
GU Performance Energy Sampler - includes 9 GU Original Gels, 5 Roctane Gels, 2 Chomps, 2 Electrolyte Brew Packs, 1 Recovery Pack, and 3 Individual Electrolyte Tablets. I LOVE GU, so the winner of this will be sideyed HARD when I give this away.

7. Photobucket
A $35 Road ID Gift Card. We all have heard about SUAR's cousin, Sherry, who went missing on her run several days ago. Be safe!

8. Photobucket <------ TAKEN by Rose!
Allied Medal Hanger! Allied makes TONS of options...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Winner can select from their online store, or go with a custom option!

9. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App <----Black, Gold, and White taken by Elizabeth! Balance snagged by T! THESE ARE GONE :D
Two sets of BIC Bands! There are 6 total, so I'll split these into 2 separate prizes, first winner can select their three favorites.

10. null
Arctic Ease Cryotherapy Wraps. GIANT set of 4 packs of 4"x60" wraps, and 2 packs of three 4"x6" cooling pads.

Pretty nice spread, huh?

A winner will be selected every FRIDAY beginning Jan. 20th, until prizes are GONE, using Random.org.

ADDITIONAL PRIZES MAY BE GIVEN FOR:
1. Best outfit. You guys know I'm a sucker for obnoxious, shiny clothes.
2. BEST race report. Do something crazy. I like crazy.
3. Whatever else strikes my fancy.

****NOTE**** If you've already donated, THANK YOU, and there is NO NEED to donate again to join the race. I'd still love it if you shared the race info, though :)

aaaand, the disclaimer: all of these items were donated to me by those fantastic companies. That's pretty awesome, right? ALL of those companies agreed to help fund pediatric cancer research. We should go thank them. All of the opinions are my own. I only approached companies that I personally use and love.

Alright. I know this was really, really long, so if you've made it this far, here's my contribution to Funny Friday Photos or whatever it is this week.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

60 comments:

  1. I'm in. For a half. (That's 5 entries, since I got an A in calculus, barely). This is awesome, where's my credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for the half. Next weekend's race in Carlsbad will be in honor of Gabby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in - not sure what distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!

    I am in for the half. Carlsbad will be my Team Gab race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in for the 10k and donated 10, what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im in for the Half! I'll donate $40. that so great that you are getting SO many involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in for the half! (5 entries!)
    I love that you're doing this and I will blog today on it. GREAT idea..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote we all hang out at Mason in Irvine again and run our satellite race non-satellitey. No permits required.

    $25 and 13.1 miles of blood/sweat/tears for Team Gab

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll go with the 5k, since I already have one scheduled for 1/28/12 anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I'm going to see about trying to organize some ladies up here to do it all together. Maybe the first weekend of Feb? I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS IS AWESOME HEATHER! I'M in! I'll pass this on too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in for the half. Donation $30.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - I shared this on Twitter. But I think we are friends with the same people :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm doing the 10k! And tweeting, let me know how else I can share!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I donated. K is running. I'll tell him to go run a 13.1 in AFG and have him report back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course I'm in! I donated $25, so 5 entries, but I'm gonna go for the 10k. Go Team GAB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in. I need to figure out how I want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great Heather! I donated on Tuesday and would like to put that towards a confirmation I will run the ING Miami Half Marathon in honor of Gabby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome! I am in for a full. I will be running it on 2/12...ok if I put Gabby's picture on my shirt that day? I submitted my donation tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just happened upon your blog...and certainly will become a new follower and supporter. I totally want to donate..just deciding on the mileage ;) She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I'm up for a 10k... Love that Gabby-girl...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in! Probably the 10k, I'll email you : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm in for the 10k, but I think I'm too lazy and will just be running a 5k :).

    Finally, a virtual race worth doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to be in and HOPE my feet rally before the deadline! Iw ould bein for the 5K. My hubby is fighting cancer now so I am down to help the cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome. I will proudly run for Team Gab. I'm signed up for the 5K.

    Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im in for the 10K, donated $20..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok--put me down for a 1/2 marathon. I'll just have to mark the distance in the midst of a longer run, so it will be a slow 1/2 mary!

    ReplyDelete
  28. H, this is SOOOO amazing! I'm in for a 5k with a $40 donation and I'm so excited. I'm going to post about this on my blog tomorrow in my Three Things Thursday post. Go Team Gab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I donated $20 and will be in for the 5k. (4 entries)
    Go Team Gab!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I shared on FB on my personal and blog pages.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am in like flynn for the half :) Shared on the blog and will donate on Friday when I get ppaaaiiiidddddd :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in like flynn for the half :) Shared on the blog and will donate on Friday when I get ppaaaiiiidddddd :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm in! I will be running a 10k but donated $25 for Team Gab!

    Great idea & I will definitely try to get the word out, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm in for the half. And you know what I donated, so you'll just have to calculate the entry total privately. ;-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm in for either the 10K (run) or the half (run) or the Marathon (on my bike). Not sure what fits in my schedule yet. But, I donated $50. Good luck with your fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
  36. i’m in for the 1/2! donated $25

    ReplyDelete
  37. I finally remembered to enter! I was going to go for the half but totally not in half shape so I'll go 10k with a $25 donation :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm in for the 10K. Hope I'm not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Doing 5-5k's as part of my 1/2 training :) donated $25. Thanks for giving me an even more awesome reason to get out there & train! Some days I just rather not...but now have a reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Donating $25 for the 1/2 marathon race distance (5 entries)

    hugs to you and Gabby!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm in for a full (which I have never run) but I feel like I can run more than a 1/2 and I'd really love for my first run longer than 13.1 miles to count for something more important than myself. I wish you all the best of luck in reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Heather, I'm in for the 5K, running one in Phoenix on 1/29/12 when I visit my dad (he has CLL). I will blog about it on my blog, and Facebook it. Best of luck with the virtual race!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am in for the 10K and will be donating the $10 fee as soon as this post is up.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm running the Little Su 50K on Feb. 19th through the frozen Alaskan interior for Gabby. Keep on fightin' girl. ;) Donation coming up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm in for the half. I'll use my Tinker Bell on Sunday to run it. Just made my donation. I'll link back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm too lazy to figure this out so I just donated $50. I'm not running anywhere. Go Gabby!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just donated $5 to do a 5K. I wish I could do more, really I do!

    ReplyDelete
  48. FINALLY had my wallet and computer in the same place at the same time! I'm in for the 10K - $10. Wish I could give $10,000!

    ReplyDelete
  49. My husband and I are both doing a 10K. This rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I typed up my little recap! Thank you for putting this together. You are one incredible mom. http://www.runningwiththegirls.com/2012/01/my-team-gab-run.html

    ReplyDelete
  51. i have(had) a 10 mile race scheduled for this sunday (with jen from http://www.runningwiththegirls.com/) but i have to go out of town for my grandmas funeral.... im gonna run the race course tomorrow and 6.1 miles of the 10 will be for you and gabby :)i just noticed that you are over your goal for your fundraising, yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. my race report:
    http://jenniferbehmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/team-gab-12-marathon.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm in (at practically the last minute!!) 10$ donation so two entries? I'm just doing 5k though, hopefully that's good. Wanted to donate more, but working on my 5k times :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails