Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Things Thursday!

Workout Tuesday - ran 6 miles, steady, 10:42 pace. Easy peasy.

Hey, have you joined Team Tough Chik yet? Only a few days left! Click HERE for more info!


1. Any locals running the So Cal Half Marathon this weekend?? Let me know, I'll cheer for you! (But no, really, my house is on the course - I might be in pajamas and drinking coffee still, but I promise I'll be enthusiastic).

2. Tinker Bell bib numbers were released! Only three more weeks!

3. Huffington Post had a great article by Marcus Samuelsson (if you know who that is, we can be friends) on eating healthy without breaking the bank. Link HERE. One argument I hear a LOT is how expensive it is to eat healthy foods. I admit, I'm spoiled living in the land of abundant, cheap produce....
Photobucket

but almost all of the items in this article can be found in your local grocer, and are easily accessible. Supplement them with in season or FROZEN fruits and veggies, and you have a great, simple, economical foundation for eating healthy.

Like anything else, eating healthy is a matter of priority. If it's a priority, you find a way to make it happen.

If it's NOT a priority for you to eat healthy and exercise, that's 100% fine. That's absolutely YOUR prerogative, and I wouldn't judge you for making that choice. But don't pretty up your inability to stick to a workout schedule or spend an extra 10 minutes making a healthy dinner instead of drive through, by saying you can't.

I mean. You can try saying things like, "It's too expensive", or "I don't have the time", but... I'd probably look at you all side eyed.
Photobucket

Just do it. No excuses.

5 comments:

  1. So in agreement about number 3. No excuses on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with #3 - there really is time. Its just wha you deem more important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the healthy eating reminder. Something I need to work on, since I am having an up close and personal relationship with Panda Express these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In absolute agreement on #3 - it's all about priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :)

    Totally agree on #3. No excuses. Make it a priority. I enjoyed reading that article yesterday --- thanks for sharing. I'm seriously going to try lentils SOON :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails