Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tinker Bell Half Weekend - Kids' Race Recap

RunDisney offers some great stuff.

Somehow, though... somehow, these Kids' Races seemed extra chaotic to me.

Maybe it was the super long line to get in the "super secret special" entrance in Down Town Disney.

Maybe it was shoving a billion small people AND their siblings AND their parents AND their strollers AND their grandparents AND AND AND into a pretty small space.

Maybe it was the 8am start time that was really a 9:15am start time.

I'm not sure.

But, $10 (for Gabby's 200m) and $25 (For #2's mile) included a medal, a shirt, and refreshments at the end. Can't argue that.

Photobucket

I ran with Gab, and #2 was supposed to run with Becka and A. #1 wasn't registered - she was too old for the kids' races, and the 5K was $99 and at 10:30pm - too much on both counts. Buuuut, she didn't want to be left out, so she bandited the course and ran with #2.

Don't worry, she didn't take water or a medal.

Anyway, I won't waste time complaining about the chaos that was the start to everything EXCEPT the mile. I didn't get to see 1 & 2 run, so imagine my enjoyment seeing these pictures on brightroom today....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

#2's official time - 8:55.

Gab and I were supposed to run the 400m, but I got tired of waiting, Gab was tired of waiting, and we took off with the 4-6 yr olds in the 200m.

This actually turned out to be better; I'm not sure if Gab would have run through a 400m - her legs were already tired from the 200 (boooo chemo).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by Sparkle.

18 comments:

  1. You have beautiful children! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkle power ROCKS, well done everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last picture.

    I am NOT a fan of the Disney kids race. It is a mess. The waiting is crazy. the distances are too short (should be 1 miles for 5 and up like run racing).

    After doing LB and The Holiday races I think Disney's kids races are actually pretty bad. Yes it is fun that it is at Disneyland...although in September it was at downtown Disney so boo..no more for us. And really they are too $$$! 99 for a 5k is crazy, 150 for a half also crazy.

    but I do like your girls pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics! chaos? everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gab looks SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME! She is beautiful. :) Love the pics!!

    Be warned though... Brightroom actually sent me a threatening email this week telling me it was "highly illegal" to post pics on my blog with their copyright on it (that I haven't bought) and threatened to sue me AND have Disney sue me if I didn't take them down. Ridiculous, right?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I didn't know the pictures were up!! I must go look! It was really chaotic! I ran with all of my girls and that was a huge cluster, trying to get from race to race.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all I can say is adorable!!! Your girls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome! Your girls are adorable! I looooove that last photo of Gabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE these!!! they are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing pictures - loved seeing your little ones running!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, all of you girls! (It makes me kind of happy that #1 bandited, serves Disney right for overcharging families.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Caroline- that last picture got me. Your kids are so beautiful and STRONG and you should be (and are-duh) proud of them. Awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! Go Gab!

    I ran my 10k for Gab this weekend! My recap:

    http://healthylifehappywife.com/2012/01/30/10k-for-team-gab/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love RunDisney, but would agree, it can be a little chaotic! Your pictures are adorable - so glad you shared them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures are precious! It was great finally meeting you on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 8:55 with zero training is pretty good. But seems like #2 is not that into running like #1.

    I like Gabby's short 'do - seems like she can rock the pixie cut pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear I'm such an emotional mess these days, I got all choked up at this pictures. And I already stalked them days ago so it isn't like it is new.

    Your kids are just so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails